Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIY | Ombre Bleached Jeans


DIY | Ombre Bleached Jeans





Supplies:
- jeans
- bleach
- large plastic shallow container
- gloves
- poking device (wooden spoon, paint mixer)

First of all make sure that you are wearing clothes that you don't mind getting bleach on!  Because no matter how hard I tried I still got bleach on my clothes.  I also did my project outside, so I wouldn't have to worry about it getting on the hardwood floor. 

1.) Pour your bleach into the plastic container until you think that it is enough to cover the jeans, but won't overflow (you can always add more bleach after).  For this project I used a plastic paint roller container.  It was shallow and big enough for my pants. 

2.) Place the pants into the bleach from the bottom up.  The container wasnt long, so I just folded the pants as I placed it into the bleach to make sure that it was all covered.  Make sure you are aware of where you want the bleach line to stop. 

3.) I left the pants for approximately 2 hours.  I moved the pants in the bleach every once in a while to make sure that there were no odd bleach lines forming and everything was covered with bleach.  I also flipped the jeans a couple of times to make sure the bleach line in the front of the pants and the back of the pants were even.

4.) Once you are happy with the end color take it out of the bleach!  I didn't want the bleached portion of the pants to be too white so I was happy with the light blue.  I rinsed the pants with cold water and placed them in the washer.  The only bad thing is that the bleach smell lasts for a little while.


Its quite easy!  Its just a little time consuming, but with the great weather its time well spent outside. :)
Have fun! And let me know if you have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment