Friday, January 18, 2013

Artisis inspire: Alphonse Mucha pockets and how to transfer on fabric



Recently I'm obsessed with painters on clothes. I ordered a dress with a self-portrait of Salvador Dali and try to winthe auction of a dress with Klimt pattern. Of course I wouldn' be myself if I didn't make something like this by myself! This project is not big, but I like the result and the character it gives.

What you'll need: pants without back pockets (or any other piece that you think should have pockets!), transfer paper & a printer, piece of fabric in suitable colour, sewing machine and basic skills.


1. Print the pattern on a sheet of transfer paper. If it has any text, remember to make a mirror rotation! Cut exactly the shape you need.

2. Now you should follow the transfer instruction given with the photo transfer paper. You'll probably need to iron for about 1 minute or so. Make the print on a piece of fabric that has the dimensions you need to make pockets.

3. Sew only the 'shape' of pockets. I hope you know what I mean. The result should look like in the photo above. Your almost-pockets are ready to sew on pants!


This project is really easy, so if you want to change your wardrobe a bit you can use this method. Transfer directly on clothes or try adding some details like this!

Have a beautiful day,

No comments:

Post a Comment